Saturday, May 22, 2010

What makes you Laugh?





Laughter is great for your health. So what makes you laugh? Lets get the ball rolling. A good movie like  Ye Maya Chesave  will always bring a smile to my face.A funny book. Terry Pratchet discworld books usually makes me laugh.



Funny incidents that happen. Being with really good friends and having funny conversations about things. (Izzy)





The best way to get a laugh is not to take yourself and life too seriously. Whenever I'm going through a problematic/irritating episode I remind myself that, with the right slant, it will make a very funny story to tell in the tea room at work! Not that I always take my own advice of course (and very rarely at the time!) and some things that happen are too serious/sad to be funny however it is quite an effective method for cutting difficulties down to size.


I do love simple things... The laughter of others at my feigned ineptitude makes me laugh..though I keep it to myself...it is even funnier if those that find my antics amusing attempt to disguise their smiles.. Life is actually full of humour..small practical jokes that dont hurt anyone are sweet to me.. Our house is one of laughter..when this is lost a great deal is lost.. Television does provide much humor of course..but for me real life humor is the best..often subtle ..sometimes missed..but so valuable...




            Laughter is a real tonic . . . to laugh literally lifts the spirits . . . many things make me laugh . . . I have laughed so hard that I have been in tears and thought I could laugh no more and then been taken beyond . . . you’ve heard of the phrase “wet yourself with laughter” . . . I’ll say no more! :wink: I find all sorts of things amusing . . . usually those things that I don’t see coming, rather than a joke with an obvious punchline . . . perhaps a comment that can be taken in a way that it was not originally intended . . . and I love comedy films. I often find that something tickles me so much I am giggling away for hours about the same thing! I think it is something to do with having a good imagination! Keep smiling :

         I find with our little one his ticklish just under the shoulder blade. And laughter does produce laughter, us adults laugh far too little maybe we need more fun comedies on TV.


         For me , it is the unexpected happening, like this morning. We have a big garden with about a dozen currant bushes of all colours. The birds love them, but only at the red stage. Once the black o0nes have turned black they are ignored and the white ones are never touched. As my mother no longer manages them, last year I just netted half of the bushes for my use, leaving the rest for the birds. This year they started to turn red over the weekend and I have seen the blackbirds starting to fly off with a bright red berry in their beaks. There is one greedy female, trying to keep them all for herself, chasing the others away. About an hour ago there was a terrific racket out there. I really though the cat next door was causing mayhem and dashed out. There was this blackbird chasing a magpie out of the apple tree overlooking the fruit bushes. She chased it full about quarter of a mile, at full voice, before returning to carry on eating. If it is the same one as last year, she challenged me when I went to pick some. Love and smiles Joy



. . . you’ve heard of the phrase “wet yourself with laughter” . . . I’ll say no more!:  Now I have to confess, being in a menopausal state and not having the strongest bladder in the world, I can fully relate to you on this one my dear!!!!
well there are so many things that make me laugh i dont want to miss any opportunity of laughing all my life it brings those happines back to us and makes us remember the best times i have had together with my loved ones .

No comments:

Post a Comment